Here’s what wrote the other day….
Moving day is almost here…it’s been 4 months since I started my new job, and yet I don’t feel at all mentally prepared for the move.
It only just really struck me that tomorrow I’ll be leaving this house, and whilst I will still own it for a time, I won’t actually live here again.
From tomorrow, somewhere else will be home.
Am really very strangely disconcerted at this thought, even though it’s been on the cards for a while.
I didn’t get a chance to finish that one, so here’s a slightly later instalment of the story:
As I packed and sorted, and unpacked, I noticed a few things – I was going to say that I’d learned a few things about myself but suspect I knew already. So, a short and slightly eclectic sample:
- things I randomly overbuy – marmite, bouillon powder, noodles
- things I find it hard to part with – old school and university notes (especially anything which proves to me that I used to know some really quite complicated things), fancy craft and baking kit, and anything made of suede
- what must be unpacked first – apparently the kitchen: unpacked first of all (although that may have been prompted slightly by an impending visit from my family and the need to provide sustenance)
- I have pretty good spacial awareness – corroborated by quite a number of conversations with one of the movers in particular – in fact, by the time they left, we were finishing each other’s sentences…
- which drawer did I *subtly* check immediately it came into the house – the one with the corsets and toybox 😉